Late period, pregnancy test done, negative result, meprate tab taken, still no period, pregnancy test done again, result positive. Will tablet cause harm to baby?

I didn’t get periods for 50 days so we have gone to Gynecologist then have done Pregnancy Test it came as negative so doctor has recommended Meprate 10 mg and I took around 5 tabs after that also I didn’t get period so once again we have gone to doctor on 65th day she told that I m is pregnant . Will the consumption of the tablets like meprate cause any problem to the baby?
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Sexologist 's  Response
Hello Dear.
Welcome here on Health Care Magic Dot Com.
I am very much concern of your problem.
I think I will certainly able to help you out of this condition.
In my view you got your pregnancy test done lately at the time when you were in fertile time.
So you got the pregnancy and were declared negative.
Now you have no choice except MTP.
It is very difficult and costly to ascertain the damage done to your baby.
So consult any MTP centre.
I will suggest you to visit your family physician and get examined and treatment properly.
Good luck.