Late period, cramps, brown bleeding. Implantation bleeding?

I usually start my period around the 3rd of the month, I started Feb. 3rd and in March I started on the 5th. Now its the 31st of March and i have cramps , which i expected because I should be starting my period soon in April but when I went to the restroom i was bleeding . I put on a tampon , the flow was lighter than usual but still red, now it is completely brown. I wonder if this is old blood from my last cycle or if it is implantation bleeding. I had sex a few weeks ago but we used protection and there were no traces of sperm anywhere but the inside of the condom. I have had no symptoms of pregnancy and i googled this spotting before period and all the results say implantation bleeding. im really nervous now and i hope my period continues regularly. I would love to have your opinion on what this could mean. thank you so much.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Chances of pregnancy are less though cannot ruled out all together as you used protection and you are sure condom was intact.I think your periods have come earlier which has given you cramps and bleeding Sometimes periods start 1 to 2 days earlier before the due date and this is perfectly normal.Wait for your periods and if your periods get delayed by more than a week only then think of pregnancy.You can rule out pregnancy by pregnancy test 10 days after missed periods.
Hope this answers your question.