hello and welcome to health care magic,
I am Dr Sriram Nathan and I will try to help you out with your problem
You seem to either have developed an infection of the node of the tonsil called the JD nodes. Your tonsillitis
also may not have been fully controlled. In any case do these:
1. Take steam inhalation with menthol at least three times a day for a week
2. take a course of antibiotic like amox-clav 625 for five days in consultation with your doctor.
3. Take a pain killer with serratiopeptidase
combination in consultation with your doctor.
4. Look out for any dental infection or problem and get a dental consultation if you find any
5. Take only warm water and fluids and do not take anything cold
6. do salt water gargle and do not take anything spicy or oily
7. If the pain persists then you may even have to take injections of antibiotic and analgesics to relieve the symptoms faster and better.
8. If the pain persists for a week or so then you must take a throat swab and get back to me with the report.
if you do not get better in a week or so then you must consult an ENT surgeon as soon as possible
Dr Sriram Nathan