Large red bumps on thighs. Applied neosporin, look like bruises, skin discolouration. Causes for symptoms?

I have had two large (about a quarter size) red bumps on my thighs. They were extremely itchy an sore to touch. One was on the outer part of my thigh and the other was on my inside thigh. They looked somewhat like pimples as there was a white head in the middle. I decided to not pop them and let them take their course. After about 5 days and a little bit of neosporin applied, they went down considerably. However, now they look like bruises. They are no longer raised or sensitive to the touch. The area is now discolored. Before those two, I had another that was on my left calf . That one was only there for a couple days and I didn t notice any bruising after it went away. Why have these suddenly popped up on my legs? I ve been worried but have calmed since they turned to wht looks like bruises. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012