Large cavity in lung filled with fluid, increased due to infection. On medication, quit smoking. Curable with medicines?

Hi Doctor, My Father age:58 is diagnosed with lung problem on 25th of October 2012. Doctors identified a large cavity in his right lung filled with fluid. He had the following symptoms before the start of treatment: Blood in SPUTUM , Loss of weight Cough Fever Now after medication there is no blood in sputum. since he din had proper diet he lost weight but now he is recovering. After 15 days of continuous medication again a chest Xray was taken on 10th november 2012. Doctors said that the cavity is increased due to infection. Kindly advice me about the problem is it curable thorugh medication? following tablets are prescribed for him: T. RCINEX 600mg T.combutal 1000mg T Nuroday H\LIV.52 Nebulizer with dubolin and budecort T. PYzina 1000mg Note: Father used to smoke . But now stopped smoking after this treatment.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012