Lack of sleep, irregular periods, normal scan result, prescribed proglyuton, have depression, sweating on intake. Solution?

Hi. I m 25 yrs old, 178lbs and 5 2. I ve started having my period when I was 11 yrs old and it has been regular until February this yr. I was so stressed with all the work load and been so tired everyday because I always stay too late at night then wake up early. I always don t have enough sleep. This yr, I had my period from January 9 -13. After that, I haven t had any period for February and March so I went to a family doctor who precribed me Norethisterone 5mg. He advised me to take it 3 times a day for 10 days. After 10 days, I should have my period within the next 5 days which I did, on the 4th day.That was from April 17-21. After that he said I shouldn t worry as my periods will become regular after. But I missed my period again from May - July. I noticed that in each of those months, there s a week where I m having this brown discharge but it s only very light. At most times I can only see it if I wipe it. It really doesn t go to the underwear.On July, I went again to the same family doctor and he said my body is still adjusting and I ll have my regular period soon, I just have to release all the stress.I am actually not feeling anything so I know I m not sick. So I just waited until July is over but still no period came. I decided to have myself checked on a gynaecologist . He had scanned my uterus/ ovary and bladder (If i m not mistaken) and mentioned there s no sign of anything bad on it so he said it has to do with the hormones. He prescribed me the same medicine I had with the family doctor. But this time, he asked me to take the Progyluton starting on the 5th day of my period for 2 mths. I actually had my period and I m now taking the progyluton for the 10th day. The gynae said that I should have my regular period after 2 months. I m just worried, what if my period goes out again after 2 months? I really don t want to depend on the pills. I ve been trying to lose weight but I m still stuck on the same weight. I used to weigh only around 160lbs before but I think I started going over that like a yr and a half ago.Also I don t know if it s possible for me to avoid stress. My work is always stressfull. As for any side effects on taking the pills, I noticed I ve become more sweaty and kind of depressed, like I m not in a mood for anything. Please note that I m not sexually active. The last I had was January, after I had my period then. I ve done 3 PTs and my doctor had me PTs twice as well so I m not pregnant. Before, I use to be sexually active. I am now leaving abroad for a year so things have changed and I ve been busy.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  15 Awaiting Answer