Knuckle pain, swelling. Anything I can do?

Good evening Last saturday whilst putting the shopping away,I had a sharp stabbing pain in the knuckle of the middle finger of my right hand .There is a small amount of swelling around the knuckle,but the pain isn t there all the time.I can be putting the key in the front door and it strikes,I drop the keys with the pain.It felt like the tendon had slipped off the top of my knuckle,is there anything I can do other than seeing my GP? Can you please help Simon
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
It seems that there is a tendon injury or a bone injury in the area. Till the time you consult your physician, You need to do a hot fomentation and do strapping of the finger with index finger.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal