Knot above eye, eyelid swollen, no other symptoms. Possible cause, remedy? Prone to seasonal allergies

I am a 49 yo white male. I took shots as a child for 12 years for food and tree allergies. I still have seasonal allergies that usually result in swelling of one or both of my eyes during pollen season. A few weeks ago I developed a knot above my eye that did not itch , was not red and did not hurt. After a few days the knot when down and I didn t think anything else about it. Until about two weeks ago when my eyelid became swollen and the area below my eye (cheek) also became swollen. I went to an after hours clinic on a weekend and the doctor numbed the area and probed around but couldn t pinpoint one specific cause. The swelling went down until two days ago. My cheek area and the eyelid became swollen and now I have a large knot forming above and to the side of my eyebrow. I do not have any fever, difficulty swallowing , increased nasal discharge, pain, tenderness or redness. I am out of town right now on business and will not be available to see my PCP until a week from this Monday. Any information on the possible causes, or ways to help reduce the swelling (other than Ibuprofen , ice, heat, or Benadryl ) would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012