Knee swollen after bumping into car. Will swelling go on its own?

My left knee swells to the right of the knee cap, a little below and to the left after standing a while cooking, for example. If I squat down if feels like I have a pillow in there not allowing me to bend the knee comfortably or completely. The only thing that I can think of is that last week I bumped into a car from behind. Nothing happened to either car, but I maybe the position my left leg was in and the reaction to stopping the car might have caused this swelling of the knee????? My left leg hurt a bit in the evening but by the thigh. The next day though I started noticing some swelling in the knee. I thought it would pass, but last night while cooking I started feeling the swelling and this morning after getting up, it began swelling a bit. It s the norm. Thanks for any help you can give me. :)
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013