Knee pain, gout. Blood test shows missing liver enzymes. Want advice about nutrition

My son's doctor said that the pain in his knees is gout caused by missing enzymes in the liver (after a blood test). What could this be? The doctor gave him something for his gout. My son is 26 years old and was a football player - he thought it was an injury-related problem. Is there a diet that could help him? He rarely drinks and my brother hardly ever had a drink and he had something akin to cirrosis of the liver. Could you give us some advise about nutrition?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013