Knee pain, discomfort while walking. On antibiotics. Prescribed knee replacement surgery. Treatment options?

Hi, my father has been advised to do uni knee replacement as he has pain in his knee and dicomfort in waking all the concern is at 72yrs of age ho will he cope with recovery and how advisble is this surgery for him. I have also been suggested to do alternate medication for him instead of going through a process of knee replacement. Now iam left with a choice of going ahead with surgery of going through right away or wait and watch his pain and imorovement with medicines prescribd
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012