Knee pain, MRI shows medial meniscus with mild effusion. Taking Etova and Kyrab. How much can I walk?

My Age -53 yrs - Male. I have a pain in my left knee . I had shown my X-Ray / MRI to many Doctors all of whom are Orthopeadicians. The MRI shows s/o grade -3 tier in posterior horn medial meniscus with mild effusion . Last doctor at Fortis Hospital in Mohali has recommended me cycling & pillow pressing exercises & gave medicine of ETOVA-ER 600 & KYRAB along with a tablet of Vitamins . If stay sitting there is no pain. But even after 2-3 days if i have to walk some distance the knee starts paining. I live on Ist Floor & my office is also on First Floor. In how much I can walk at least 1-2 Kms? Can I ever walk this distance of 2-3 kms? Is medicine correct?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012