Knee in pain caused by softball. X-ray showed osteoarthritis. What am I recommended?

I hurt my right knee 3 weeks ago playing softball. Jumped up and came down hard on my knee. Did not hear or feel a pop and even continued to play. Felt as if the bones in my knee clashed too hard together. Later that evening it began to stiffen up and it began to get a little swollen but not not much. The next day I noticed bruising on the side of my knee (left side of right knee). I could barely walk on it. Went in and had an xray and it showed mild osteoarthritis . Doctor also advised that there could be a small tear in my meniscus and a bone contusion. Was advised to sit and rest for 2 weeks. Well this is my third week since the injury and I still have mild pain when extending my knee and I am not ready to run or make cuts. Wondering should I request an MRI or have it scoped to speed up the process. She recommended a shot but that is out the question!
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012