Kid having tight foreskin, stings to urinate, stomach ache. Using betnovate cream. Should go for circumcision?

My son, aged 9, has a very tight foreskin , and the opening to his urethra isn t visible. It stings him to urinate, intermittently, and more recently, his tummy has started hurting half way through passing urine. I took him to the doctor who suggested circumcision . I was a little shocked and upset, so asked for a second opinion, which I got today. The second doctor has given him Betnovate cream, and told us to use it, along with stretching the foreskin, for three months. I d like some advice on the success rate of Betnovate please, and what I should expect. Thank you :)
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012