Jaw injury, swelling. Taking Ibuprofen. Difficulty chewing food. Is this healing normally?

I ha a small child bump his head under my jaw, causing my top molars to bite down on my bottom gums where my wisdom used to be. There s a small hole there and swelling from the area between the too and lower jaw close to the cheek. It s been 1 week and the pain is at a scale of 6 from a 1 to 10 rating. I m rinsing with warm salt water and taking ibuprofen but it only helps the pain a little bit. My diet had been affected because the pain is too much to chew food. Is this healing normally? Is it healing in be normal timeframe? I do not know whether there is an infection or not. I just know the pain is not improving but the cut looks as though its healing.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012