Itchy urethra that subsides on cleaning, not sexually active. Had taken antibiotics for acute diverticulitis. Possible causes?

I am a femal, 60 years old. I have an itchy urethra . I have not been sexually active for about a year or more. After cleaning myself it seems to subside...but I m talking about rubbing hard and trying to get inside. I took 2 types of antibiotics in sept for acute I m not sure if these are the remnants of antibiotics. I do take a probiotic most days, not every day. I ve never had a uti , but have had herpes in the past, never in the urethra area.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012