Itchy, stingy patches on face, hairline, ear that dry up and cause white flakes. What is the cause?

hi, ihave itchy red patches on my face that sometimes sting, they can be really red and noticable one day and then dry up and white and flakey in a couple of days then disapear, my face is ok for a few days then they appear again. I have bumby sore itches patches across the top of my hair line that are extreamly itchy and very dry flakey scalp . my ears are very dry and flakey and itch espeacially behind them, please could you tell me what this is as everytime i go to my gp he digonoses something else and gives me creams tablets etc and none have worked as yet. i have had this about 7 months now and i am 27 years old. thankyou in advance
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013