Itchy rash on arms and legs, no relief with antihistamine. What else can be done?

hello I have had a very itchy rash on my arms and legs for over 1 week now. docs suggested taking anti histamine and eurax cream which I have done for 4-days, but it has not reduced the rash or the itching .. which is worse in the evening.. almost unbearable, which is why I am quering this now. today Docs gave me steroid cream which so far does not seem to have done anything (applied it 4/5hrs ago), as the itching is really severe now. Please can you advise?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013