Itchy, pain in vagina before intercourse. What is causing itching and pain?

HI dear, I m nearly 43 and I have a son around 10 yrs.Recently I ve an itch and pain in my vergina ( begining part) before the intercose. But there s no bleeding on that time.My Gynocologist said that I ve a narrow vergina than others. I didn t have any appointment to analise this problem with my Gynocologist. And it took a long time to get an appointment with this Dr.Other wise I m ok and there s no itches or pain in my vergina.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
May 2013
hi,
sometimes because of narrow vagina, lack of lubrication, in case of infection etc you can have some pain and discomfort during intercourse,
so if you are not having symptoms like white discharge, associated smell, local lesions etc, then the possibility of infection is less,
you can try measures like wash genital area with luke warm water, avoid disinfectants, perfumed tissues, bubble bath etc, use some lubricant jelly during intercourse.
take care.