Itchy outer vaginal lips. Sore red spots. Extra discharge. What could this mean?

I just got over a period about a week ago. The other day, I noticed my outter vagina lips were really itchy (mostly the left side). Now there are about three red spots that itch and are sore. It does not hurt to pee but it is uncomfortable. I have been having a small amount of extra discharge than normal though..What could this mean?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
It seems that due to having poor local hygiene during period there might be having some local infection giving rise to this problem.
Apply antibiotic cream local after proper cleaning.
Change sanitary pads frequently.
Keep local part clean, dry and airy.
Ok and take care.