Itchy mole on the back. Red on edges.Cancer?

Hi there.
I am sixteen years old, and i think a mole on my back is showing signs of cancer.
I've had this mole since i was a very little girl, and it's always been sticking out some, but last night, i noticed it hurt and bleeding. It also appears much, much darker than it has ever been before.
I went to tell my mother as soon as i found out. She quickly brushed it off and said that i must of scratched it. While this could be a possibility, i asked her if i could get it checked out just in case. I would rather be safe than sorry. She told me to stop over reacting and stuck a bandaid on it.

Today, i wake up to the mole tingly and itching like crazy, it is also red around the edges. Again, i asked my mother if she would take me just to get it looked at. Again, she refused.
I'm starting to become really scared and i'm unsure on what to do.
I told her how it could still be cancer, and she doesn't seem to believe me or care.
What can i do to convince her to take me?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013