Itchy feeling on buttocks crack, blood and pus oozing from lump. Is it a pilonidal cyst?

hi, a couple of months ago i started to get this itchy feeling at the top of my buttcrack and eventually it turned into a bump and then it swelled and burst and pus and blood came out then it would stop and the bump would get smaller but never go away and start up again eventually. ive been researching online and people say its a pilonidal cyst and the info ive read on them scares me but im really embarassed to go to a doctor...anything you can tell me would be helpful ?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012