Itching in the vaginal opening. Lump getting bigger. Reason?

Hi, for the last week or so i ve had mild itching just outside the vaginal opening, but wasn t too bad. But then after itching it a bit too much i noticed one side had swelled up into a lump where i had been itching. I stopped itching it and applied an anitseptic cream to the area and a few hours later it has now gone down to normal size but something still doesn t feel right down there. I haven t had sex in a month, or changed any wash powder etc. There are no other symptoms, my discharge is normal.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
If there is a lump there on one side of the vagina towards the bottom, it's probably a blocked gland. This is called a Bartholins gland cyst. To help it, you can apply moist heat or take a bath soak. For 10 minutes 2-4 times daily can help soften the gland and release the fluid. If it continues to get larger and starts to hurt, it may be needed that a doctor open the gland to drain the fluid.