Itching and peeling hands, painful. Applying lotion and talcum powder. Treatment?

my hands get pins and needles and then they itch a lot...subsequently they start to peel. I have tried to apply lotion and talcum powder to them. They started peeling about a week ago and will only get worse. They itch and peel until my hands are raw and painful. My feet have also started to do the same but they are not as extreme as my hands. What is the best course of action to take? This only started about 2 years ago. Thank you in advance for your response
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013