Itching after shaving vagina. Had unprotected sex. Burning urination. Help

I shaved my vagina , inside & out, last Friday and it started itching on the inside of my Labias on Monday, I assume from the hair growing back. I think I have rubbed it raw. I have had unprotected sex on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday, but have been lubricated enough that it shouldn t make me raw. Every time I pee, my pee burns my labias, like it s getting in cuts on them. It burns and hurts and itches so bad, it makes me cry. Help?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Hello ma'am.

If it were only itching, it could have been normal, as new hair growing back in the region could have caused this.

But the presence of itching, burning and pain to such an extent does raise the question of a possible infection. Which is why I would advise you to get your urine analysed along with a vaginal swab test, to rule out/diagnose an infection.

In the meantime, go about warm sitz baths with the addition of epsom salt several times a day. You could also apply warm compresses to the region to promote healing.

Hope this helps.