Itch in pubic hair, become white after scratching, have skin tags. Reason?

I started to have an itch in my pubic hair area about an inch away from the base of the shaft of my penis. I put on Lotrimin for a couple of weeks and it seemed to help some of the itching very temporarily then it didnt seem to work anymore. I sprayed tinactin athletes foot medicine on it. It burned pretty bad the 4 times I used it but seemed to help the itching. Now the ithcy area has become white from all of the scratching and even raw in some areas. This is over the course of a few months. Additionally, 5 days ago, I started to feel something kind of raw on my shaft. When I looked closer, it appears I may have a couple of skin tags on my shaft. Is it possible this is not a fungus and is rather something I may have caught from using public restrooms? I am married and have not had any other contact.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012