Is tricyclen helpful to skip a period ?

I want to skip a period... I am going to start tricycle lo... I have heard 3 suggestions... (1) is to take the first 3 weeks then to start a new set right away, starting with week 1...(I heard this could be a problem because of the varrying harmone levels in this medication.... other thought is that tricyclen has different levels of hormones from week to week and it is better to do week 1 (for 2 weeks using 2 packs) then week 2 for 2 weeks then week 3 for 3 weeks? the third suggestion is to do week 1,2,3 then 3,2,1... What is the best way to avoid a period while vacationing?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Jul 2010
Ya if you r dead you can't have it
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.There is a easy way of postponing your periods instead of tricycling.Take PRIMULUT N.This is NORETHISTERON and is taken in dose of 5 mg twice daily starting 3 days prior to your periods and take it till you want to postpone it.The day you stop the medication you get your periods within 2 to 7 days.Good luck.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response

It is difficult to skip a period while taking tricyclen. Proluton is a better option for this purpose. Still you can take tricyclen as Week 1 then week 2 then week 3 then again week 3 then week 2 and then week 1 then next pack week 1 then week 2 then week 3 after which you can have a bleeding.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal