Is there any way other than braces to reduce gap between the teeth ?

This is my story i have 6 gaps on my teeth . Its and embarrassment for me to smile. On August i went to the dentist and they told me that my insurance didnt cover my braces because in order to get brace i have to have 26 points and i only got 4 points and that made me depressed because i was looking forward to have nice teeth and be able to smile to the world and still i cant. So is there anything i could do in order to get my separate teeth into nice close teeth like everyone else . Like what can i do or go to get my teeth how i want them to be
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013