Is there any substitute for thyronorm to restore functioning of thyroid gland ?

is there any other way by which we can restore the capacity of thyroid gland to produce sufficient amount of hormones again and make it self reliant rather than depending on thyronorme medicine for lifetime my mom s age is 68 years and she is suffering from hypothyroidism since the last 6 months and she is taking thyronorme medicine (125 mcg) offlately regularly in the morning with breakfast. but then also she is showing symptoms like memory decline, tiredness , etc Her TSH as of today is 8.5 ,three months back it was 1.45 and six months back it was 21.32 so looking at the pattern it is fluctuating. i want to know that is there any other way by which we can restore the capacity of thyroid gland to produce hormones again and make it self reliant rather than depending on medicines for lifetime.? please reply
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011