Is there any possible treatment to prevent hair loss ?

Hi Doctor ,I m from north India i want to my hair loss tretment is it possible from here? and how can you??
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Consult some good dermatologist at your place. If medical treatment is not effective or you are not satisfied with it than go for hair transplantation. See for details.

Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Here we can guide you regarding hair loss causes and possible treatment options.But for proper prescription you need to consult a dermatologist at your place.
There are various causes and patterns of hair loss.It can be due to iron deficiency, hormonal,genetic ,stress induced,any chronic illness, thyroid problem etc.
Most common in males is androgenetic alopecia,which is nothing but male pattern baldness.This runs in family.

There are good options like tab finestride,biotin,topical minoxidil sol,aminixil solution etc.
Then there are low level lasers too which can stop hair loss.
This can be combined with meso-therapy injections.
And if nothing helps then the last resort would be hair transplantation .
For details you can log on to
We in apollo hospital,bhilai (CG) run a hair institute for all patients suffering from hair loss.We have all the above facilities along with hair transplantation.

If you have any further query ,please write back to us.