Is there any need for radiation treatment after the surgery because he is having high fever , weight loss , appetite loss and feet shakes when he walks ?

My 15 year old brother the patient recently (a month ago) underwent a surgery for pilocytic astrocytoma by a famous neurosurgeon in Pakistan. He s sectioned part of the skull is getting better day by day, but complains from - Loss of weight (he has gone very thin) - No apitite - his feet shake when he walks - sometimes high temperature The Surgeical Pathology Report (under the diagnosis section) syas Posterior fossa tumour: Features are consistent with pilocytic astrocytoma grade 1 (on a scale of 1 to 4 according to WHO classification of CNS neoplasms. After having a look at the report, a doctor in Kabul (I live in Kabul with my family) advised me to take him for a radiotion therapy back to Pakistan. When I contacted the surgeon who had done the surgery, I was told not to take him anywhere as he doesn t need the radiotion treatment after the surgery. I was wondering if i could be rightly advised on this. Sincerely, Aziz Shah Oxfam -Kabul +93774409880
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011