Is there any medicine to cure a dialysis patient having hepatitis B ?

is there any medicine to cure an dialysis patient having hepatitis b?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Sep 2011
Treatment/Therapy
INTERFERONS DOES NOT GENERALLY EFFECTS RENAL OVERLOAD AS IT IS WELL ABSORBED DUE TO USE AS SUB CUTANEOUS INJ.
BOTH THE PATHOLOGIES REQUIRE SEPARATE SET OF EXPERTISE,AND MOSTLY EASILY AVAILED IN HIGH CLASS BUT COST EFFECTIVE GOV MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITALS LIKE A.I.I.M.S,NEW DELHI,CMC VELLORE
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.The treatment for hepatitis B can be done by Interferon and antivirals successfully in dialysis patients.Gastrolenterologist and nephrologist have to work in tandem.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Hepatitis b is disease which spreads parentally means wife unsafe needles,syringes or blood .Please take advise from gastro specialist for this.Depending upon the titer of infection anti viral drugs can be given.Please watch for kidney function also and take care about the aliments which had lead to kidney failure.
wishing you good health and speedy recovery.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
HI well come to HCM
You have not specified weather hepatitis b you have is after renal failure, at times it
can occure due to dalysis even.To cure the haepatitis b is it is active thna symptomatic
tereatment with anti viral therapy can help to cure the patient. Even after cure from
acure ill ness carrier stage may persists for which again you may need anti viral drug
to irradicate the carrier stage. So better you consult gastro enterologist who will
guide you for all this. Thanks