Is there a treatment for my brother who forgets an event that just happened 1-2 hours back ?

Dear Sir, My brother who is a Doctor aged 55, stays in France. In 2004 he had a heart attack and he went into a coma for some 4-5 days. Upon regaining conciousness, he looked fine with no physical abnormality. Then Doctors concluded that he had a problem to remember things that just happened. For example he forgets an event that happened just 1-2 hours back.But he remembers everything about his past, his childhood, his marriage, etc. Doctors have condemed him that he will never recover. He is actually staying in a \
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011