Is there a treatment for depression and stress that doesn't require to take daily medicines ?

Hello After a relationship break up i was diagnosed with chronic depression . I have been on and off Escitalopram from 10mg to 30 mg currently i am on 20mg. The reason i keep swapping is because i become stressed tired and forgetful and fail to take my medication. Last time i stopped for 7 days and only realised when i started crying over an issue at work I was then told that i had been on a slide for about 4 days from my co-workers. As I am back on them though just on 10mg for another week before going back to 20mg and still feeling not back to normal is this a permanent set back as i really am feeling extremly depressed approximatly 10 times worse than before i started taking them. I am seeing a physciatrist (second visit tonight) though talking dosnt seem to be working as i am now in a very negative mood. and at times can tell i am unresponsive though i can not help it.. I think of suicide alot but am unable to do something like that due to my 2 daughters thankfully Is there a medication for deprssion that does not require to be taken daily or am i gonna be like this for the rest of my life with ups and downs when ever i forget to take my medication?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011