Is there a cure for chronic pancreatitis with intrductal pancreatic calculi ?

I am suffering from Pancreatitis with Impression as ACUTE ON CHRONIC PANCREATITIS WITH INTRADUCTAL PANCREATIC CALCULI. Please let me know if there is any cure for this disease?. Background: In 2005-2006, It all started sudden. Had severe back pain and stomach ache and have to admit nearby hospital. Pain was unbearable, Diagnosis was “Pancreatitis”. It was surprising as Doctors couldn’t find reason for Pancreatitis. I am non-alcoholic, non-smoker and Vegetarian . Blood Test reported High on Amalyze and Lipase . Pancreases was inflamed. Three years gone by without knowing the reason why I have pancreatitis and suffered every attack (every 3-6 months had an attack). Visited different Gastroenterologist in different hospital, not much help. Later family Doctor of family friend, asked me to Visit Asian Institute of Gastroenterology , Hyderabad, INDIA Dec 2009, I met Dr Nageshwara Reddy at AIG Hyderabad. He detected stones in my Pancreatic duct. Stone were huge enough, which couldn’t be removed by just ERCP . So he did ESWL to break the stones and followed by ERCP to flush them. 2010, I had fewer attacks and slowly I recovered to become normal. Until, 31-Mar-12. I had stomach ache for 2 days, I thought it was just a gastric. Later on 2-Apr-12, I developed back pain, this confirmed me as Pancreatitis. So got admitted again, now the pain was not severe. Here are the details of diagnosis. Dr suggested for operation, when pancreas duct will be cut and connected to intestine where free flowing of enzymes will happen and this will reduce the Pancreatic attack. There is no permanent cure for this disease. Again on 24 Aug-12, Developed Abdomen pain and have to get admitted to hospital for 4 days. Dr mentioned, we will wait for few months before to take decision on operation. This time i had more of back pain than stomach pain. Latest Blood Report (Aug 2012) Blood Report: AMYLASE : 98 (25-115) LIPASE : 2500 (114-286) March/April 2012 CT Scan report “Pancreases appears mildly bulky in size with few foci of calcification. Pancreatic duct is dilated and measure 11 mm near the head and uncinate process with two intraductal calculi, one near the head measure 5 x 3 mm (RL x AP) and another near the body measures 4 x 3mm (RL x AP)” All other organs Liver (shows decreased parenchymal attenuation), Spleen, Kidneys, Urinary Bladder, Prostate & Seminal Vesicles are NORMAL. IMPRESSION: ACUTE ON CHRONIC PANCREATITIS WITH INTRADUCTAL PANCREATIC CALCULI. Blood Report: AMYLASE : 58 (25-115) LIPASE : 1104 (114-286)
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012