Is medicine a substitute for surgery in case of kidney stone ?

Hi. doctor , I have a stone in my kidney about 12 mm size and i showed to one urologist he said he will check through laser and destroy it. I AM afraid i told him to give medications instead of surgery . He gave me medicines like MagAsorb(2 tablets twice daily) with No-URIC(1 tablets 2 times daily). My advice is that do it really help with this medications. I have heard of systone(himalaya) do this will help easily with enough water to pass by. Pleasem, advice.... THANKYOU very Much
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011