Is loestrin fe tablet to stop my period ?

Hey! I am hoping someone can answer a question for me.I started my period on Saturday aug 6th~ 1 day ago.I. read online that I could take 3 loestrinFE tablets a day to stop my period. (I had this script here but have not been on birthcontrol.I am 29 yrs old and I have had a tubal) I really need my period to stop by Tuesday.Will this work and if so how long will it take? I started yesterday and took 3 pills this morning~still on my period.I am leaving for a cruise next week and really wish I could be off my period by tue.thankyou!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
probably you are are mistaken
you can postponed the expected period by medicines taken few days before the onset of period and will have to be continued till you do not want the period to come
hope your period will be over in time