Is it safe to use maple syrup as lube on my condom?

Is it safe to use maple syrup as lube on my condom? Well I bought a bunch of condoms and it seems they aren t lubed at all. And really the only thing I can really find around the house that could make a good lube is this syrup, are there any harmful effects to this?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Hello natasha;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The basic ingredient in maple syrup is the sap from the xylem of maple trees. It consists primarily of sucrose and water, with small amounts of other sugars such as fructose and glucose. Organic acids, the most notable one being malic acid, make the syrup slightly acidic.Maple syrup contains trace amounts of amino acids,as the amino acid content of sap increases at this time maple syrup contains a wide variety of volatile organic compounds, including vanillin, hydroxybutanone.If you are not allergic to any of the ingredients then you may use it.Till date never heard of maple syrup as a lube but if you feel you can experiment with it.