Is it safe to travel in train during pregnancy?

Hi Doctor, Its my 4th month of pregnancy and i need to travel by train for 12 hours. Is it safe? The 4th month has just began.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Dear thanks for the query.Traveling during second trimester is permitted if there are not other complications.As you are in second trimester and if you do not have other issues you can travel.But by and large during pregnancy unnecessary travel have to be avoided.If must you can.For more information please ask your doctor.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Travelling long distance is to be avoided during first trimester & the doctors (gynaecologists)also advise that if the travel is necessary then it should be done preferably by a train.The best person you can ask about it is your Gynaec as she knows your case better & if she advises you can travel.