Is it safe to take Metronidazole for vangial Bacteria infection ?

I was precribed Metronidazole for a vangial Bacteria infection, and i have read the side effects and i'm a bit nervous taking this medication. Is it safe, I'm on my 6th pill, I'm taking 2 500mg a day. This morning I woke up with a bit of a sore thoart and nasal blockage. I feel a little fuzzy headed should I stop taking this medication, or is it pretty safe to say if I was going to have a bad reaction to this i would have already happened?????
Asked On : Sat, 20 Feb 2010