Is it possible to get a negative pregnancy test result due to bleeding in early pregnancy?

Hi, I just wanted to know if it s possible to obtain a negative pregnancy blood test if I ve experienced some bleeding during early pregnancy? My last period came 4 days late and began as very light spotting, the 2nd day was quite heavy thought it was really thin bright red blood with thin mucus through it, this lasted another half a day n then I just spotted really lightly. I was concerned so I went to a local gp to get a blood test after receiving a negative home test and the blood test also came up negative. I assumed you couldn t get any more accurate then that so I left it. Now, I m still gettin signs that I maybe pregnant and have been experiencing spasms in my uterus n odd cramping.. A few days ago I noticed a long clot of mucus, sort of looked like a semi cooked egg white.. And during sex I seem to b producing more fluid then usual. Also, I normally experience sensitive breast etc a week before getting a period, though I didn t experience anything until the day I bled a bit. I had also been experiencing a great deal of fatigue and growin appetite .. Should I b concerned and test again or could there be somethin else goin on that I need to b concerned about?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012