Is it normal to have brown discharge instead of a period ?

Is it normal to have brown discharge instead of a period? I just had brown discharge last month and so far this month I haven t had a period. I am 26 years old and this is the first time that I have ever had this happen. I don t think I m pregnant due to the fact that my boyfriend of 2 years is fixed and has been for 5 years.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Since you only had some brown discharge instead of your normal periods and now your periods are already overdue, there is a possibility that you might be pregnant. It is best to check your urine for pregnancy using pregnancy card test at home.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal