Is it normal to have bleeding for 3 days after a hymen rupture ?

i m 33 yr , had sex with boyfrnd on 2 days before, during intercourse my hymen rupture and bleeding happen whole day, next day very less bleeding, third day in the morning bleding a lot but whole day today no bleeding. is this normal? in how many days will this be normal?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
welcome to and thanks for your query.
Some amount of bleeding following a first sexual encounter is normal due to rupture of the hymen. However, persistent bleeding for 2-3 days as you describe it may note be normal. There could be some other cause for the bleeding. It is advised that you undergo a simple examination by a doctor or gynecologist whom you trust. This can allay your anxiety.
I wish you good health.