Is it normal to have a follow up appointment after an echocardiogram ?

Is it normal to have a follow up appointment after an echocardiogram? I had an echocardiogram done the other day. The tech mentioned that everything appeared to look fine, but a doc had to review the results. However, now that the doc reviewed the results, his assistant called me to make a follow up appointment (which is a week and half away). She would not tell me anything over the phone. Obviously this phone call is stressing me out. Is this normal? I m 29, slim, with slightly elevated triglycerides of 180. The reason for the echo in the first place was because I was experiencing bad anxiety/rapid heartbeat
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009