Is it normal for a 2 year old kid to sip water through a sipper?

Hello my name is Ilaria, I have a little girl who is 2 years old. 10 days ago we start to have a warm/ hot temperature during the day plus she got an ear infection and since than she start drinking during the night, she is going in bed at 9 pm, get up around 1-2 am yelling because she want her water in her sippy cup and she can drink half of the bottle. Is this ok or I have to take away the cup? My pediatrician said that after 1 year they should not drinking at night.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013