Is it dangerous to take Venlor XR 150mg with alcohol for panic disorder ?

Good day, my husband is 28years old and has been diagnosed in March 2011 with a panic disorder , the doctor has said he has an over active adrenaline gland which is causing his anxiety and panic attacks. He was prescribed for 3months Venlor XR 75mg, but is now for the last 4 months been on the Venlor XR 150mg. My question is he has a very high intake of alcohol, beer and I see on the inside paper that the medication is not to be used with alcohol, why? And is this harming him? Thank you Karen
Asked On : Mon, 29 Aug 2011