Is it because of microscopic pain that my feet is hurting a lot ?

I suffered a microscopic sprain two years ago and it still hurts Hello, my name is Sofia and I m 20 years old. I suffered an injury on my left foot about two years ago. When it first happened the left side of my foot was swollen, like the size of a baseball, and when I went to the doctor they told me that it was just a sprain, to keep it elevated, and to use a heat pad.  About 6 months after that I wore high heels and my foot hurt badly so I then went to an orthopedic surgeon who looked at my x-ray and told me that I had a microscopic fracture and that it should go away soon.  He only gave some pills for the pain. Well it s been a little more than two years and my foot still hurts and I m afraid that it might have been something more serious than a microscopic sprain.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jul 2011