Is it a matter of concern if toe nails turn orange in color ?

I woke up this morning and took a shower and noticed my toenails were a oranish color. should I be conserned about this. It has never happened before and I m 32 years old. Thanks, Tammy
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
u might have minor trauma that u have not notice
orange color show some damage in nail bed
u need not to worry about it
just apply antibiotic cream three times a day to prevent infection
avoid long contact with water
keep it dry and clean
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Changing of the colour of your toenails is just a chance finding and it has not happened overnight. The orange coloration may be due to exposure to some chemical or due to lack of proper protein and calcium in your diet. There is nothing to worry and try to improve your diet.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal