Is dialysis advisable for one suffering with stage 4 kidney disease and severe weakness ?

Hi my grand mother is 86 years old and in a stage 4 almost 5 kidney desease. Which we are told that her kidneys are very bad. She also has congested heart failure and gets out of breath and very week. She is now in a nursing home because of her bad condition. Her kidney doctor will be calling my mother and I on Wednesday to talk about dyalisis.. I believe she is to week for this. Why would the Dr reccomend this dyalisis knowing her bad condition? Please help.. THANKS!
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012