Is corion 5000 iu safe to take during 18months pregnancy ?

is corion 5000 iu safe to take during 18months pregnancy while travelling not happen anything ? My placenta size 26.8mm was on 1st,july-2011, on that docter said not travel due to low placenta, i would like to know how the placenta size should be? after that we consulted another doctor for 2nd suggetion, she told us that by taking Corion 5000 iu injection we can go by train and nothing will happen. if take this injection any side effects will come or not, please advise? we have to travel upto 21hr by train. docter said not go by AIR. Can you please advise on my query ? thanks a lot for answer in advance. Sunitha
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
By 18 weeks, placenta starts secreting HCG on its own and there is no need of any external supplementation. The size of placenta is not the matter. The main problem is its position which is in the lower segment of the uterus. You should avoid long distance travels .
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Anonymous's Response

Thanks a lot for your answer.

as per report, my placenta is as below,

Placenta Posterior. Low lying ( PRESENTLY 26.8 mm away from os ). Grade 1 maturity.

posterior placenta 26.8mm away from os.
this status was on Ist, july( 17weeks 0days). now 18weeks and 4days running.

Dr. advised that not to travel upto 18 to 20 weeks.
my question is can we travel now by taking " Corion 5000 iu injection " which is advised by 2nd doctor., if we take this injection any side effects will be or not?

please adivse. million thanks for your valuable answer.

Anonymous's Response
and how much should be tha placenta size normally, please tell.